Please note: These standards are currently in draft, and are likely to change over time and through use.
Before publishing a page, please ensure the page includes the following:
- appropriate headings in correct order
- bulleted lists where appropriate
- reading age as low as possible, but a maximum of 14 years old (test using the Readability Test Tool or Hemmingway App)
- no unnecessary jargon
- title of the page must meet standards
- contact information as required
Information on page types will be added shortly.
Headings and subheadings
Use headings and sub headings to group content into appropriate sections, this improves readability, scanning and page navigation.
- you must use the correct heading styles within the CMS eg Title (
), Main heading (
), Sub heading (
- headings should be in sentence case
- do not skip heading levels, for example adding a sub heading without a heading
- do not add links to headings
- do not use bold to denote a heading, use the appropriate heading styles
- do not use additional styling such as bold, exclamation marks or an asterisk to draw attention to a heading