Before uploading a PDF, please make sure the following has been checked. These are the minimum requirements.
Enter the following into the properties section of the document:
- Advanced > set the language
- a descriptive title
- the author should be set to “Bracknell Forest Council” or the producing organisation, if different
- Document properties > make sure the security settings of the document allow for assistive technologies to extract text
- Document properties > Initial view > “Show” should be set to “Document Title”
- Advanced > add accessibility tags
Make sure the heading structure is logical.
All documents must have a heading 1. Use the reading order pane to add this in, if it’s not already there.
Make sure table headings are added to tables using the reading order panel.
Alternative text must be added to any figures or images. Use the accessibility checker to add this.