Please note: These standards are likely to change over time and through use.
Images should be kept to a minimum – as multiple images are likely to decrease download speeds.
- graphic images must be saved as .gif images
- all photographic images must be saved in .jpg format
- do not use clipart
- all images must have alt text – this must be a meaningful description of the image for somebody using a screenreader
- the naming convention for image files is lower case with hyphens between the words (for example – bracknell-forest-council-logo.jpg)
- do not use images that include text
- photos must not be used as links
- make sure that Bracknell Forest Council owns the copyright and has data protection permission for all images (advice on copyright is available from communications and marketing)
- if you commission or take your own photographs for the site, make sure that you complete the appropriate data protection form (available from communications and marketing)
Sizes and dimensions
Please use the following dimensions for images:
- Carousel image: 585 x 403 pixels (maximum 150kb)
- Category showcase: 425 x 283 pixels (maximum 100kb)
- Content image: 370 x 246 pixels (maximum 100kb)
- Grid display: 370 x 246 pixels (maximum 100kb)
- Header image: 1920 x 656 pixels (maximum 250kb)
- Home page image: 572 x 380 pixels (maximum 150kb)
- News article image: 750 x 500 pixels (maximum 150kb)
- Promotional area image: 768 x 512 pixels (maximum 150kb)
- Search banner image – 128 x 128 pixels (maximum 100kb)
Make sure you optimize your image by saving for web. Please do not upload low quality or grainy images.
The ratio for all images should be 3 x 2.
Please note: The site will create a resized version of uploaded images. Please check that your images are the correct ratio to avoid them being cropped. They should be the above sizes or larger to ensure that they are not stretched.