Please note: These standards are currently in draft, and are likely to change over time and through use.
Images should be kept to a minimum – as multiple images are likely to decrease download speeds.
- graphic images must be saved as .gif images
- all photographic images must be saved in .jpg format
- do not use clipart
- all images must have alt text – this must be a meaningful description of the image for somebody using a screenreader
- the naming convention for image files is lower case with hyphens between the words (for example – bracknell-forest-council-logo.jpg)
- do not use images that include text
- photos must not be used as links
- make sure that Bracknell Forest Council owns the copyright and has data protection permission for all images (advice on copyright is available from communications and marketing)
- if you commission or take your own photographs for the site, make sure that you complete the appropriate data protection form (available from communications and marketing)
Sizes and dimensions
Please use the following dimensions and ratios for images added to content pages and news articles.
- full width image: 100% or 750 x 500 pixels
- half width image: 50% or 375 x 250 pixels
- one third width image: 33% or 250 x 167 pixels
The ratio for all images should be 3 x 2.
Please note: The site will create a resized version of uploaded images. Please check that your images are the correct ratio to avoid them being cropped. They should be the above sizes or larger to ensure that they are not stretched.